SIA launched a new consultation
On 14 January 2019 the SIA launched a new consultation to help determine the content of the next generation of compulsory qualifications for licensed operatives in the private security industry.
This new consultation will run for four weeks until Monday 11 February 2019.
To have a say on the draft specifications for the licence-linked qualifications, please visit the consultation website.
In addition to requests for comment on the specifications the SIA are also seeking views on the following important areas:
- Is the proposed content fit-for-purpose?
- Does the new content represent an unreasonable burden on individuals and businesses seeking to enter the industry?
- Should the additional content relating to the door supervisor role be included in the close protection specification to facilitate the current licence integration arrangement?
- Or should licence integration end, so that close protection licence holders can only work in close protection roles?
- Should there be compulsory physical intervention training for the security guard and close protection roles?